Friday 9 April 2010



To mark my first day of self employment, here is a selection of images I have been working on in the past few days.

For a long time, I have been looking for work, and attending interviews with no joy. I have been creating bucketloads of artworks and illustrations, but with no direction, concentrating more on finding some kind of shop, cafe or admin job.
I had a Eureka moment the other week, and decided to really go for the whole freelancing thing. So today I signed off from the jobcentre, and registered as self employed with the Inland Revenue.

I am unbelievably exited. The next few days are going to be a maelstrom of activity, with alot of projects coming together, and alot of publishers and galleries contacted.

It's a great day- it's great to work for myself finally. I had no idea things would happen so soon-but it's official- I've employed myself!

There's wind in the sails.

1 comment:

  1. AHH that's so exciting! Also.. how about one of those funky heart tshirts on a girly tshirt...possible? Let me know homie! :) SUPER excited for you!!
    mim :)

    ReplyDelete